Houston has spent a lot of time bouncing lately. His neighborhood pal, Gracie, has a Banzai Bounce and she had Houston and Dixie over to her house on May 15 to play on it.Â Since Houston can’t yet walk (and therefore, can’t jump) and the girls are both about 10 months older than him,Â I thought it might freak him out a little, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. He absolutely loved it!
Houston spent most of his time being bounced by Dixie and Gracie’s boisterous jumps. He also enjoyed leaning against the netting, playing with the balls and acting as a landing pad when the girls would tumble and fall. Â To see all of the Banzai Bounce photos (courtesy of Gracie’s mom, Jessica), check out the last couple of pages ofÂ Early May 08.
Then on May 21, Houston made his first appearance on a trampoline, which belongs to Dixie and her family. Again, I was a bit apprehensive, but my boy thought it was a hoot! He took a particular liking to lying down flat on his back, while Dixie and Gracie bounced him horizontally into the air. He would laugh hysterically, while the girls did all the work … whatta lazy bum!After our daily walk and before making their way to Dixie’s trampoline, the kids spent some time in Dixie’s front yard, eating snacks, blowing bubblesÂ and frolicking in the grass. To see the neighborhood play photos, plus some more current shots, clickÂ Late May 08.Â
Â Here are more highlights of Houston’s recent happenings:
- Â On May 15, Houston did his first authentic wave. It was a “hello” wave to Donni and Milton (Dixie’s older siblings), who Houston absolutely adores. Now you can’t stop him from waving hi and bye-bye to anyone and everyone.
- On May 18, Houston woke up to Aunt Ashley (one of Mommy’s oldest and dearest friends) sleeping in our living room. She had visited from the her home at the beach the night before and they got to play for a while in the morning before Ashley hit road.
- That evening, Houston was playing at Dixie’s house. The two were holding on to the bottom of a low window, looking out into the yard, when Houston lost his footing and hit his top lip and gum on the sill. It was his first real injury per se, so Mommy freaked when she saw all the blood. Thank goodness I had some reasoned friends with me to help calm the situation. He suffered a slight fat lip for a few days and had to avoid citrus and salty foods, but he’s in tip-top shape now.
- May 20 was Houston’s final breast-feeding. Since he was biting and playing with my nipples more than actually feeding and seemed pretty much uninterested in the entire process, I decided it was time to make the move to formula for the next month and six days, when he can then start drinking whole milk. Sure, I didn’t make it a year like I had planned, but being that my breasts were killing me from my pregnancy, as well as the aforementioned actions of my son, I’d say nearly 11 months is pretty darn good. We are both much happier now: I get to take a little extra hiatus from breast-feeding before the twins come and Houston actually thinks his formula is quite tasty.
- Houston had a third tooth pop through his bottom gum on May 21 and then a fourth today, making his total teeth count a whopping eight!