Yesterday was Houston Lee’s 21-month birthday. He constantly challenges Daddy and me with his smarts, humor, depth, knowledge, self-awareness, inquisitiveness and strength. He is a wonderful son and big brother … happy birthday, Houston!Â
Houston picks “flowers” (i.e. pretty weeds) in the front yard.Â Â
Little brothers, who just turned 5 months old, had their last RSV shotÂ on Tuesday, thank God. Amazingly, Gabriel and Zeke have finally reached equilibrium as far as weight and height are concerned: both boys weighed 14 pounds, 2 ounces, and measured 23 1/2″ in length. They, too, amaze us on a daily basis with their advanced intelligence, sweet giggles and utterances, and evolving physical feats.
“Carrots are quite delicious … I think,” ponders Gabriel.
Â Other highlights as of late:Â
- Zeke started rolling from back to belly on 3/14 and Gabriel followed suit soon thereafter;
- A few hours ago, Daddy and I moved both the Jump-n-Go and Exer-saucer up a notch to accommodate the twins’ spatial needs;
- Houston (usually with brothers) has had play dates this month with Dixie, Gracie and Matthew;
- Last weekend was so gorgeous that Houston and Daddy went to the park on Saturday, and (even though it took us a while) the entire family made it there on Sunday;
“Baths are sooooooo relaxing, Mommy,” says Zeke.
- We implemented Houston’s “binky only in bed” rule on 3/21; so far, he’s surviving and our lives have become much easier;
- Due to hisÂ his lust for hand-eating, Gabriel battled a major chapped face for a few days till his doc suggested using Chap StickÂ (duh!)Â to remedy the situation;
- Things have improved for Gabe’s face (although his hands have calloused on his favorite munching areas), but now Zeke is experiencing some chapped skin on his face due to his occasional thumb-sucking;Â Â
“Please stop squishing me,” pleads Gabriel to his 35-pound, 3T-wearing big brother.
And the entire clan (with the help of Auntie Merdy) is headed to visit Daddy at work today. “Show and tell,” as Uncle Greg calls it, should be interesting, to say the least!
Click on Zeke’s bath shot to see all the March – Part 1 pics and the above photo to see all the more recent images from this month. Happy early Easter!